Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What I would send myself if my body could recieve mail

Dear "Post-Baby" Body,

We have been together now for a long 16 months and one day, which is 16 months too long for my liking. I knew that you would change after having a child (one of the funniest and most beautiful children, at that)- but I never knew it would be so hard to get back to where I was in March of 2009. We have gone through quite a bit together: breast feeding (if only for a short while), stretch marks, injuries. But you have also taken me through many 5k's, stroller strides workouts, and the strength to take care of my son. So, while you have changed, I am lucky to have a healthy body that allows me to do all of these things.

Yet, I do have to tell you that times, they are a-changin' and starting tomorrow, you and I are on the beginning of another journey, another change. The next 8 weeks are "Body Back" weeks, and I want to see a huge change! We are in this together, post-baby body, and we will push ourselves to the limit- no matter how much it hurts.

While the past months have been a love-hate relationship, I will say that I am going to be glad to see you go. I am looking forward to a stronger and leaner body- and living with you has made me so ready and so anxious to put in all the hard work to get there. Goodbye post-baby body, I won't be missing you!

Love,
Me

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Maybe I should write a letter to my sweet tooth telling it to hit the damn road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jumping on the bandwagon tonight well. And I won't lie. I'm SCARED OUT OF MY MIND!

    But I'm going to give it my best shot.

    Thank goodness I'm not alone :)

    ReplyDelete